• The Mainstay Inn is open daily, late March through the first part of January. Historically the deep winter months can be too cold but Cape May has become a year round destination with the town planning many events through the December holiday season. Our answering service will instruct you as to the current status of the Inn at all times.
• We do ask for a two night stay on weekends and three nights during holiday weekends. Shorter stays and lower prices may be available off-season during the week, Sunday through Thursday. Please check the Specials page for promotions.
• We try to offer a personal touch to your reservation. Please review the descriptions of the rooms and do not hesitate to call with any and all questions regarding room specifics and/or our recommendations.
• We are available by phone daily if you want to discuss reservations for any of Cape May's great seasons. Prices include breakfast and our elegant afternoon tea. Many of the rooms have reserved off street parking.
• Personal check is our preferred method of payment; Visa and MasterCard are also accepted. An advance deposit will be requested to confirm your reservation.
• Deposits are non-refundable if cancellation occurs within 60 days of scheduled arrival date during summer season, holidays and special events. For the remainder of the year the period is 30 days. If we are able to fill all vacancies in the inn for the period of your stay we will refund deposits less a $35 processing fee. If cancellation occurs outside of the cancellation period refunds will be provided less a $35 processing fee.
Inn check in time is between 2pm and 9pm and the check-out time is 11am.
You are welcome to use our beach chairs and bathing facilities after you have checked out.
All guests are invited to partake in the famous Mainstay afternoon tea, served each day from 4pm until 5pm.
Like other businesses, we do get last minute cancellations so give us a call. If we can't assist you,
we try to keep up on the availability at other quality inns in Cape May and will do our best to find you suitable accommodations.
The fire escapes are not rated for small children – so children 10 years or older please.
We are unable to accommodate pets Smoking is permitted on the rear patio area only